> home > market > future state of care
Future State of Care
Healthcare and insurance are changing rapidly as new legislation and costs influence the nature of care and the population ages.
Technology can play a prominent role in the future delivery and coordination of care and measuring outcomes to determine value.
Perseid has reviewed the literature and polled a number of major companies and individuals knowledgeable regarding the future state of care. Here are some of our observations:
• Employers are moving the increases in cost of care to the employees
• Employees are going to engage in their own care management
• The home is going to become a medical facility
• Social networking can be used to motivate members and the family
• Employer clinics will become important components of care
• More hospitalizations can be avoided with technology
• Software is well positioned as a tool to develop clinical, administrative, social and financial triggers, notifications and solutions
• Mobile technology and the Internet will influence the cost and quality of care
• Employer and provider research to know employee health status will become a major component of improving costs and quality
Sources: PricewaterhouseCoopers, ACS, Deloitte, Military Health System