> home > company
Perseid Software was founded in August, 2001 during the Perseid (per-see-id) meteor shower by the Wess family to address the needs in the healthcare and insurance industries for enterprise-scale, integrated care software products to support building complex Internet-based solutions in healthcare, clinical medicine, disability and insurance.
After a 30 year career developing multiple consulting and software companies with clients and partners such as P&G, Wellpoint, EDS, ACS, Ford and government agencies, Bernard (Bernie) Wess began the design of the software product that would meet requirements defined by PricewaterhouseCoopers for growth, security, access and control.
The Health Sciences Universe product has been in development since 2008 and completed in 2014 after the release of Oracle 12C Enterprise Edition and Apex 5.0. The core of the product is a healthcare and database architecture that has evolved over a 30 year period.
Perseid Software Limited is a female owned minority business and the company is self-funded with no external venture capital.
Bernie Wess holds a U.S. patent in the design of complex healthcare and clinical data. Jim Palmer developed the innovative integrated care program at P&G, holds numerous awards in safety and worked for P&G for more than 30 years. Frank Sossi is a recognized leader in the financing of healthcare facilities and the design of innovative healthcare networks and an attorney in Ohio.
- Bernard P. Wess, Jr. — President (bio/pdf) (CV/pdf) (LinkedIn)
- Darin Legrange — Advisor (ACS Healthcare CEO, CEO of Aldera)
- Philip H. Wess, M.S. (Northeastern) — Product Development & Marketing
- Gregory Kelly, MBA, CPA—Investment Banking
Architects & Advisors
- James M. Palmer (P&G, retired) — Principal (bio/pdf)
- Frank Sossi, J.D., CPA (BMD) — Counsel & Advisor (bio/pdf)
- Dr. Edward Bergmark, Ph.D., Founder and former CEO of Optum
needham heights, massachusetts
at +1-617-517-6314 or perseid software